Primary ( from 7-12 year olds, 45 minutes )
A beginner course for children from 7 years. All technical and musical concepts are covered through the repertoire and technical finger play, learning all styles of music. This is integrated with:
- Aural – to develop a musical ear both melodically and rhythmically.
- Finger Gym – to develop technically.
- Repertoire – graded pieces covering all musical styles.
- Harmony – practical understanding of harmonic processes.
- Ensembles – to enjoy playing different parts as a group.
- Theory – consolidation theoretically of music and rhythmic notation and additional music elements.
- Music Appreciation – to analyse popular musical classics.
- Musical Games – to enjoy testing learnt skills through fun activities.